Saturday, August 19, 2006

Unexpected company

Four years ago I had a short and intense affair with a married woman. It wasn’t a plain vanilla love affair, it was more like a sexual thing. Not too many feelings involved but what we lacked in affection was more than made up for in terms of physical attraction.

Sandra (not her real name) was not only married. She also had 2 kids and lived with her husband, kids, sister and a friend of a friend in a huge flat situated right in the center of the city.

I’ll never understand how she ended up getting married. Sandra is many things, but monogamous is definitely not one of them and I was just yet another guy in a long line of guys (and girls) enjoying her skills between the sheets.

Now, some people might be tempted to call her a cheating promiscuous slut, but we all have our demons and we should not judge others on how they chose to fight theirs.

Anyway, a few nights back I was sitting home alone in my new flat feeling frustrated about the fact that my internet connection was still not working.

Sulking in the beanbag I’m interrupted by a subtle knock on the door and as I slowly move down the hallway I can see the frame of a woman through the frosted glass. Opening the door renders my speechless. It’s Sandra. Haven’t seen her for four years and there she is looking more beautiful, slim and fit than ever. As I lean down to give her a hug I get an immediate response in my pants and smelling her perfume I instantly get some rather naughty flashbacks.

After the usual “oh-my-god-it’s-been-too-long”-greetings we end up on the couch with a chilled bottle of Chardonnay and the best crisps the house has to offer. As time progresses and the bottle of Chardonnay is joined by a few of it’s cousins Sandra tells me a story of divorce, depression and separation from her children.

Later that evening we end up cuddling in bed but there’s no sex, only words, and as she leaves early the following morning I realize that I might have gained something very unusual for me: a female friend.

JB

No comments: