Friday, August 11, 2006

Job Blues

I'm an ungrateful pathetic little twat. I have The Job that most people at my age and in the same business would absolutely be thrilled to have. Put my job (and a few past ones..) on your CV and most companies would hire you without asking any questions. Pay is good, the challenges are plenty, lots of European travel and all set nicely in a highly dynamic, innovative and international atmosphere.

In theory I should be happy, almost ecstatic, about my job situation but, alas, I'm not. I constantly feel the need to challenge and defy the management and most of my colleagues are annoying the living daylights out of me. Not quite sure what's causing this to happen to me, but I'm going through some kind of job-only depression and what's scary about this is that usually I'm very good at self-motivation but this time I feel truly stuck and all of my usual mental tricks acts like wet powder.

The company pan-Nordic social and semi-serious summer event is taking place in the near future and my mood is not getting any better thinking about that I'll have to go through the suffering of spending 48 hours listening to the drunken rants and ramblings of my Nordic peers, whose lives and ideas I don't give a toss about.

I need to think this through and pray to the job-satisfaction-fairies that I get through this pretty quickly.

JB

No comments: