Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Resurrection


Yes. I'm back, but unlike a certain historic figure not from the dead.

Past 4 weeks has been a crazy roller-coaster ride including ups and downs, peaks and valleys and unpredictable changes but now I've finally reached a plateau and can rest my bones for a while.
It's funny, but when I'm totally stressed out from work I tend to relieve some of the pressure by pursuing some of my more creative talents. People who know me are often surprised when they discover the rather artistic side of my nature and often have a hard time grasping that behind my cool (perhaps even cold) and polished business-like surface lurks an artistic, creative and sometimes even perhaps poetic person.

My creative veins runs in many different directions, but photography is my real passion. This is where I express myself (and surprise myself) I'm no star photographer, but I really get satisfaction from taking good pictures and making good compositions. And I've been taking a lot of pictures lately. Cars, landscapes, people, architecture, animals etc. Pictures of anything remotely photogenic.
It's quite thrilling to insert the CF card in the Lexar reader and just wait for Aperture (THE best RAW workflow software on the planet) to import the shots so I can see the results of my efforts, and start sorting, picking and fine tuning my images before sending them to Photoshop for masking and final compositing (Yes, I'm very good with Photoshop too)
I love photography so much that if I had the opportunity to CMD-Z (that's CRTL-Z to those of you still stuck with Bill-ware...) part of my life I would want to be a photographer and travel the world documenting events and wildlife.

Well, so much for wasted youth and opportunity. Must get back to forecasting sales for FY07Q1 and set-up the bi-quarterly sales meeting...How fun is that?

JB

No comments: